At the heart of the ICC activities lies the International Cereals and Bread Congresses which takes place every four years, and which involves numerous cereal scientists, technologists, millers, bakers, ingredients, and equipment suppliers around the globe.
In 2021 this cosmopolitan mix of ICBC gathers stakeholders with the comfort of your own home to discuss and share knowledge on the challenges and opportunities facing the cereal science and technology community; to benefit from a network carousel with smart matchmaking, to have 1-on-1 meetings with peers and to explore in a dedicated area for exhibitors and sponsors latest equipment and food trends.
Themes for the conference include:
- Cereal nutrition for health-conscious consumers
- Food safety and security
- Sustainable agricultural technology systems
- Milling and bread making technology
- Novel processing techniques for extrusion and biscuit making
- Noodle quality and acceptability
- Wholegrains, their definition and utilisation in foods
- Molecular approaches to grain breeding
- Global supply chain and trade
- Alternative grain crops
- Analytical methods for quality determination
- Consumer perception of grain-based foods
Scientists will have the opportunity to show and present their work in a poster display area. The Journal of Cereal Science will be sponsoring 2 ICC Poster Awards for innovative or exceptional work in cereal research. The awardees will be selected from the poster submissions.
For more information, please visit the ICBC2021 conference website.