The six winners will receive the prizes mentioned below and have the opportunity to present their work at the 35th EFFoST International Conference in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Win one of the Student of the Year Awards:
Ph.D. Awards: 1st prize (€1500), 2nd prize (€750) and 3rd prize (€500)
MSc Awards: 1st prize (€1000) and 2nd prize (€500)
Popular vote: best student poster presentation (€250)
Winning students receive:
- The Student of the Year Award and an official certificate
- A cheque corresponding to the prize above
- Free access to the 35th EFFoST International Conference
- A visit to Cargill’s European R&D Center to present your research (travel and accommodation costs are covered)
- The opportunity to build and expand your professional network and boost your future career
The top 15 applicants will be invited to join the Popular Vote competition for the best student poster presentation**. The winner will be chosen by the conference delegates of the EFFoST2021. Nominees of the other categories will not be able to complete for the Popular Vote Prize.
Step 1: Submit your abstract by using the online abstract submission system of the 35th EFFoST International Conference. Don’t forget to tick the box “EFFoST Student of the Year Awards” when the option is provided**.
Step 2: Complete the online application form and provided the following documents:
- Your motivation letter
- Your curriculum vitae
- Conference abstract
- Copy of your student card or student registration
- Nomination letter (not mandatory)
The application deadline is 14 June 2021.
Are you eligible?
The EFFoST Student of the Year Awards are open to registered students of MSc or PhD programmes at European universities in the academic year 2020 – 2021 or MSc students who completed their degree in the period July 2020 – June 2021. Students must have been enrolled in a degree program in food science and technology or similar. Part-time students can also apply.
Please share this flyer to encourage your (fellow) students to join the competition.
For more information contact Jeroen Knol at SOYA@effost.org
The European Federation of Food Science and Technology and Cargill are looking for the brightest students in food science and technology. Make sure to submit your application before 14 June 2021!
Cargill’s 160,000 employees across 70 countries work relentlessly to achieve their purpose of nourishing the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, Cargill connects farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. Cargill is proud to work together with EFFoST to support and encourage the next generation of food scientists.
* A University or College in the following countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (COST Cooperating State), Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, FYR Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
** There is no obligation to register for the conference to submit your application. The five shortlisted nominees will be informed in time to register as their presence at the conference is mandatory. For the popular vote, only the top 15 applicants who register for the conference are able to participate in this competition.