We are looking for
The European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST) facilitates the knowledge and technology exchange among food professionals. EFFoST creates opportunities for food scientist, engineers, technologists, policymakers and businesses in food and food-related areas to connect and collaborate with the objective to enhance the uptake of new technologies and developments. By supporting the further development of food science and technology, EFFoST aims to advance the production of sustainable and healthy food for all in a changing world.
EFFoST participates in many food-related EU-funded projects. We are responsible for the dissemination of the knowledge gained in these projects. We are sustaining and creating a European network for knowledge transfer and use our existing network of food science and technology professionals to promote the project outcomes.
We are looking for a Project Manager. An experienced food scientist or industrial engineer with experience in the food industry who will be required to divide his/her time on the exploitation of project outcomes. You will have significant opportunity for project-related travel within Europe as part of an EFFoST team of 5 people working at different levels on each project and will operate in a dynamic international environment. You have excellent project management skills and the appropriate expertise to undertake the exploitation tasks of these projects. Since the projects range over the entire spectrum of sub-disciplines of food science and technology, a specific sub-discipline is not being specified.
- Develop exploitation plans for the protection of project results and also the exploitation of these results;
- Disseminate project outcomes on different levels (e.g. industry workshops, academic conferences, etc.);
- Present the projects at different technology transfer events;
- Occasionally write articles for various media (peer-reviewed journals, trade magazines, etc.);
- Built networks of stakeholders (academics, industry, etc.).
- MSc or PhD in food science and technology, Industrial engineering or a relevant academic field with proven experience in the food industry;
- Experience in the exploitation of scientific outcomes;
- Experience in project management;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Very good knowledge of English, both orally and in writing;
- You can work independently and multi-task;
- Flexible, able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks;
- Willingness to travel
You are also solution-oriented, you dare to take the initiative and you are a networker.
A fixed-term contract with a working time of 36 hours. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to suitable candidates based on education and experience. Period contract: 1 year (probation 1 month) with a view, with proven suitability and complete job performance, on an extension of the contract.
The post will be based in Wageningen, The Netherlands, where EFFoST has its office.
For more information, you can contact dr. Jeroen Knol (Managing Director) email@example.com or +31 6 46437684
A full curriculum vitae and motivation letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before 28 February 2020. Applications without a motivation letter will not be taken into consideration.