The workshop will broaden and spread the theoretical and practical knowledge about innovative methods for rapid detection, enumeration, isolation and identification of foodborne and waterborne microorganisms and their metabolites.
It is designed for directors and technicians of industries, consultancies and laboratories of food and feed, and other sectors (microbiological, biotechnological, clinical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, chemical, environmental, etc.); inspectors and other administration staff; university professors and technical staff, graduate and postgraduate students; people from other research centres; etc.
The workshop will consist of:
3-day laboratory session
- sample preparation and plating
- rapid viable cell count methods
- environmental control
- chromogenic culture media
- diagnostic kits
- methods based on ATP – bioluminescence, colorimetry, others
- immunological detection methods (ELISA/ELFA, latex agglutination, lateral immunomigration, immunoprecipitation)
- molecular detection methods (other than PCR)
- COVID-19 lessons learning in the food industry (SGS ICS Ibérica)
- Hazard identification in GFSI schemes from the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) view (Intertek Ibérica Spain)
- Microbiological risks in HACCP systems? At last, identify them properly at your company! (Imagining Management Systems)
- Use of internet for applications of predictive microbiology (Barcelona Public Health Agency)
- 2 open discussions (Safety assurance and spoilage minimisation / Instrumentation, world trade trends, other current topics)
- Exhibition from 12 microbiology companies: Bioser, BioSystems, BIOTECON Diagnostics, Bruker Española, Condalab, GenoChem World – HiMedia Laboratories, IUL, LGC Standards, Premiumlab, Quimivita, Raypa, Thermo Fisher Diagnostics
For more information visit the XIX Workshop MRAMA website.