The health and safety of our conference delegates is our number one priority, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, therefore this year the EFFoST conference will be held online. We are still working on the details, but rest assured that the EFFoST2020 conference is going ahead and the new format will give you ample opportunity to share your work and to listen to all talks at your own pace.
The 34th EFFoST International Conference: Bridging high-tech, food-tech and health: Consumer-oriented innovations will be hosted by Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, and held online.
In light of the increasing challenges the food industry faces, there is an immediate need for healthy, safe, sustainable, diverse and wholesome food solutions to fit the needs and preferences of the consumer. EFFoST 2020 will catalyse partnerships and exchanges of fundamental and applied interdisciplinary insights and ideas to enhance and extend the capacity of the food sector to face such challenges today and tomorrow.
Every year the European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST) organises this prestigious academic food science and technology conference. This year the EFFoST2020 conference will be held online, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and associated health concerns.
The online conference programme will consist of two parts:
- A live online event with inspiring invited speakers.
- An on-demand section where pre-recorded presentations and posters from accepted abstracts will be available for a minimum of 6 months.
This solution will allow presenters to reach a larger audience for an extended period of time, thus, boosting the impact of the presented studies.
Make sure to block 10-12 November 2020 in your diary, to join world-renowned researchers, scientists, policy makers, professionals and students from multidisciplinary food-related fields to share the latest developments and create new partnerships.
The 34th EFFoST International Conference will explore the theme: Bridging high-tech, food-tech and health: Consumer-oriented innovations. This is further examined in the below mentioned sub-themes that highlight the expertise of our conference host, Technion.
Engineering consumer-oriented foods
- Optimizing foods for health: processing, properties, digestibility and delivery
- Tackling food-consumer complexities: –omics analyses, food personalization and precise nutrition
- Big data, IOT and modelling for a smarter food sector
- Food safety and novel food trends
Shaping the food chain sustainability
- Optimizing resource use: rationalizing food fabrication and by-product valorisation
- New and novel extraction/processing technologies for better foods
- Smart and sustainable food packaging and coatings
- Farm to fork sustainability assessments
Enhancing the endurance, diversity and resilience of the food chain
- Food traceability, authentication and consumer perceptions
- Novel food sources and ingredients
- Food palatability and pleasurability: rheology, sensory analysis and rationalized formulation
- Education of consumers and/or food professionals
Visit the EFFoST conference website to register and submit your abstract (deadline has been extended to 15 June 2020).